Ayurveda is a timeless system of health, wisdom and longevity that developed in India more than 5000 years ago. Translated as “the science of life” or “the knowledge of living”, Ayurveda is the knowledge of all aspects of life – mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual. By addressing the body, mind and spirit through Ayurveda, we begin to have more clarity, thus the ability to make better choices, and live a healthier life.
At Nalini Ayurveda, we specialize in relieving anxiety, depression, mood swings, as well as physical ailments such as fatigue, heartburn, skin conditions, PMS, high blood pressure, insomnia, headaches, and constipation.
Ayurveda’s Wisdom on Spring (Kapha Season)
In Ayurveda, winter causes an accumulation of earth and water elements which are characteristic of Kapha dosha causing imbalances such as excess weight gain, sluggishness and spring allergies such as colds, congestions and hay fever.
The arrival of spring brings warmth indicating a need for cleansing and renewal. This is achieved by consuming a lighter spring diet as well as by practicing balancing yoga and pranayama. An Ayurvedic cleanse to remove winter toxins is the ideal way to avoid illnesses thus bringing the mind and body back to its natural rhythm.
Below are a few simple tips to stay healthy this Spring:
• Wake up before 7am. Rising late aggravates kapha.
• Practice self-massage daily with warm Abhyanga oils (available at Nalini Shelves)
• Practice warming yoga / exercise. Sun salutations are ideal as they build up heat, working all the major muscles.
• Generate heat and burn Ama (toxins) through Kappalabhati pranayama
• Eat lighter, warming foods. Include grains like barley and corn, warming spices like ginger and turmeric and warming bitters like dandelion and arugula. Avoid heavy, oily, sweet and salty foods such as red meats and diary.
• To avoid common nasal allergies use a neti pot daily with warm, salt water.
• Eat Chywanprash twice daily to strengthen the lungs and boost immunity.
• 25% Off Nalini Shelf items – Indian Shirts, Bookmarks, Candles, Fabric Coasters, Fabric cases for glasses and more.
• JIVA Ayurveda Herbs – Buy one (1) Get (1) 50% Off
Ayurvedic Spring Home Cleanse:
Dates: April 26 to May 3 (dates can be flexible).
For more information contact Komal:
Email – email@example.com
Mobile – (646) 467-0130
Available for consults by Appointment – Weekdays and Weekends
Please call or email to schedule an appointment today.
Komal G. Aggarwal
“Raised in a culture deeply immersed in Ayurveda, my goal always is to share the wisdom of Ayurveda and utilize my formal training to promote natural healing”. Komal is in the process of completing her certification in Ayurvedic Health Counseling from the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. She is being trained in Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle counseling by Dr. Naina Marballi, BSAM. Before pursuing her interests in Ayurveda, Komal spent 7 successful years in Finance & Marketing.